Alaska is home to an array of pristine waters that host some of the most abundant fishing areas in the world. Here at Jimmie Jack’s Fishing Lodge, we are located on the shores of one of the best waterways; the Kenai River Alaska! When you come to fish in Alaska, discover the turquoise waters of the Kenai and learn about the incredible river that has given us so many unique fishing experiences that we will never forget.
Kenai River Facts
Arguably one of the most well-known rivers in the great Alaskan wilderness, the Kenai River is home to the largest annual Chinook salmon run. Anglers come from far and wide to experience this incredible river. If you need any more reason to join our fishing charters on a Kenai River Alaska fishing adventure, here are a few remarkable Kenai River facts:
- The Kenai River holds more world record catches than any other river. In May of 1985, the world record Chinook – weighing in at just over 97 pounds – was pulled from the turquoise waters of the Kenai River.
- The Kenai River is 82-miles long, running from Kenai Lake to Cook Inlet, and is just as blue as all of those photos on the internet suggest. The water is naturally turquoise due to the river being fed by glaciers in the Kenai Mountains.
- The Kenai River and the Russian River are both the two most visited places in Alaska by anglers and wilderness enthusiasts alike.
- The Kenai River Alaska salmon run is not only popular among fishers. Bears also frequent the shores, and it is not uncommon to share a fishing hole with one of these massive animals.
- An 18-mile stretch of the Kenai is actually a lake – Lake Skilak.
- The world’s largest and most productive fishery of Sockeye Salmon can be found where the Kenai and Russian rivers converge.
- There are four main species of salmon: Chinook, Coho, Pink, and Sockeye, that swim the Kenai River. There are two runs for each salmon which creates a summer full of incredible salmon run Alaska fishing experiences all along the river’s course.
Take to the Waters for Kenai River Salmon
If you are looking for a world-class fishing experience, there is no better place than Jimmie Jack’s Fishing Lodge. We are located right on the banks of the Kenai River and have easy access to the best Alaska fishing. Embark on a journey through these turquoise waters and discover just how incredible the Kenai River and Alaska salmon runs are first-hand. Whether you are looking for a day of catching Kenai River salmon or wish to venture out into the open seas, you can experience it with us at Jimmie Jack’s Fishing Lodge!